NIIGAAN NAABING EZHI-WAAWIINDAMAAGENG
Wii gaanjadoongidwaa pane wiini gaanjadodizwad gegoo wii ni kakendamoowad miinwaa gkakendaasawin wii iyaamwad
Anishinaabe ge ii gegoo ezhi gnowaambadang.
To promote lifelong learning and academic success, guided by Anishinabe world views.
Ji miingaazwad kwiinawining endaajik kinoomaagewin nendawendaagok zaagaja-iing.
Wii iyaamawad awi kchi-kakendaasawin
jini shpigaabawiyaad geyiinwaa megwe-iing,
miinwaa ge wii gaanjidaang ezhi Anishnaabewid.
To provide quality education enabling community members to participate fully in any society by promoting a positive self-concept of our Anishinabe Nation.
1. Honour and uphold the board’s vision and mission statement.
2. Ensure all community members’ educational needs are met, guided by Anishinabe world views.
3. Encourage the participation of all community resource personnel and community members (parents/guardians) in the educational process.
4. Update the skills and knowledge through professional development and lifelong learning of those individuals responsible for the delivery of education.
5. Recognize the need for annual staff performance evaluations.
6. Implement best practice supported by current educational research.
7. Be informed and current to changes in education by participating and liaising with local, regional, provincial, and federal education authorities.
8. Establish and maintain fair and transparent policies that respect protocol and communication through:
- clarifying educational roles;
- speaking with a collective voice;
- adhering to policy making principles;
- upholding lines of authority, and promoting a healthy team oriented environment through a collaborative process.
9. Use Education funds only for recognized and approved education programs.
10. Submit an annual written report to Chief and Council.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Board
Board Improvement Plans
Board and Committee Meeting Minutes
March 10.2016 @ 6:30PM
April 14, 2016 @ 6:30PM
May 12, 2016 @ 6:30PM
June 16, 2016 @ 6:30 PM
July 14, 2016 @ 6:30 PM
Note: Meeting schedule is based on the second Thursday of the month.
Cecilia Pitawanakwat, Co-Chair
Agnes Kanasawe, Co-Chair
April – Launch of new website!