Wikwemikong Board of Education
The WBE upholds excellence in board governance and are committed to providing the tools, leadership, advocacy and direction to ensure that WBE remains at the crux of learning opportunities.
The WBE leadership plays a meaningful and vital role in our school system that has a direct impact on student achievement and school success for all Wikwemikong students.
The WBE is comprised of professionals from business and education professionals in our community who are dedicated to the success and achievement of all students.
The Wikwemikong Board of Education is responsible for:
- Allocating resources and make budgetary decisions, based on local school culture and accountability to the community
- Advocating at a regional and national level for our schools and community
- Providing leadership and policy implementation that impact student teaching, learning and success
- Making evidence-based decisions
- Setting a vision, high standards and culture for WBE schools and departments
- Providing an important school/community connection
- Promoting the values and beliefs of their school and community
- Strongly advocating for student achievement
- Understanding and debating programs and practices that lead to student achievement
- Understanding current issues in student learning
- Demonstrating a 100% commitment to student success